Traceability and Authenticity are critical in wellness products derived from plant extracts. Essential oils are obtained from natural plants, extracted from various parts of the plant with different techniques. The plant parts could include flowers, leaves, stem, bark and roots. They are volatile compounds with an oily fragrance.
Essential oils are used in many products and their market is growing rapidly. They are used in aromatherapy, as an antioxidant, pain reliever, anxiety and in perfume industries. These oils are also used as preservatives in food items and the fragrance serves as a medicine in healing depression.
Davana is one such plant that is an annual herb with a flowering top that is used to extract oils for perfumes and as flavouring agents. The leaves form an important part in garlands and bouquets. Davana is largely grown in Karnataka, Tamil Nādu and Andhra Pradesh.
Jama Botanics is an organization that develops and produces 100% pure, natural and organic foods and wellness products, helping mankind embrace nature in its purest form. Jama Botanics is into manufacturing natural spice-based food products along with essential wellness oils extracted straight from the plants. These plant extracts have aromatic and medicinal properties which share a pleasant ambience and assure good health.
Challenges that trouble Jama Botanics
Jama believes in delivering natural and safe products to the end consumer, assuring them of a healthy lifestyle.
Right from sourcing of quality raw materials, organic cultivation, field processing, quality analysis, hygiene packaging, delivering a safe product to the end consumer is of utmost importance. The supply chain of these natural products is tarnished with authenticity that makes these products vulnerable to adulteration. These are the issues that needs to be addressed by Jama
- Verify the sourcing of the raw materials used in their products
- Ensure quality and consistency in their crop production
- End to end visibility of the product supply chain
- Showcase authenticity of their claims of a natural product
- Build customer trust and assure a healthy product
- Foster brand loyalty and consumer engagement
- Ensure compliance to export standards
TraceX’s Farm Management Solutions adds a whiff of credibility to Jama
TraceX’s blockchain traceability solution provides end to end transparency of the entire value chain. Right from sourcing of raw materials, crop cultivation, processing, quality certification and packaging with QR codes is carried out on a single shared decentralized platform. The real-time capture and tracking of data helps to streamline activities adhering to processes and standards, assuring a quality product. The blockchain ledgers give a digital identity to every product eliminating fraud and adulteration.
Davana hops to the Blockchain
Davana crop is grown in Andhra Pradesh by farmers who are equipped with the requisite information to assure quality and high yield crops with the traceability solutions.
- 72 Farmers are onboarded into the TraceX system. Farmer profiling is carried out to give them an identity.
- 91 acres of land is geo-mapped spatially to account for the crop growing area.
- The crop details of Davana along with its variety Selam is configured in the system
- The Package of practices for this crop is configured to ensure the best growing practices.
- The Crop production planning with Harvest schedules, a 75-day harvest is configured in the system to help farmers adhere to their schedules
- Harvest dashboards help farmers in making informed decisions about market reach.
A Mutual and Beneficial Handshake
It is a win-win for both Jama and TraceX. Jama is able to leverage technology to digitize the farm activities and embed traceability into their products, showcasing authenticity and transparency to the end consumers. TraceX is proud to build traceable, ethical and sustainable supply chains for the safety of the people and the planet.